While many of us were busy celebrating Eid el Fitr, Ali has been held in solitary detention, not allowed to see his family and lawyer, and according to the Bahrain Center for Human Rights, there is a serious risk of him facing torture.
Ali Abdulemam is a leading Bahraini blogger and founder of Bahrain’s popular BahrainOnline forum. He is a pioneer among Arab activists, using the internet to militate for peaceful reform. He inspired many young Bahrainis and Arabs to use the internet to express themselves and engage in spirited debate.
He was arrested on 4 September, 2010 by the Bahraini authorities amidst a major crackdown on the country’s opposition.
WE NEED YOUR SOLIDARITY
And here is how you can help:
- Join the Free Ali Abdulemam campaign and promote it to your friends and networks
- Add a link or a banner on your website to show your solidarity.
- Write an original blog post or make a video explaining why you support the release of Ali Abdulemam.
- Contact journalists you know and encourage them to write about Ali's case.
- If you are on facebook, join the Facebook group and promote it to your friends and networks
- If you use twitter, tweet about the case mentioning the hashtags #Abdulemam and #Bahrain